Rocky View Employment Services - 2017 Spring Job Fair Summary
Rocky View Employment Services held their 2017 Spring Job Fair on March 23 at the Rocky View Education Centre. It was a well-attended event that saw over 400 job seekers taking part and networking with employers. There were 23 employers who were actively hiring in the Rocky View region.
23 Employers who were actively hiring, including:
- Propak (Various Positions)
- GARDA WORLD (Pre-boarding Screening Officers, Loss Prevention Workers)
- Lucky Brand Jeans (sales associate and store management positions)
- Rocky View Schools (Administrative positions, Learning Assistants and Caretaking positions)
- Town Shoes Limited (Assistant Managers, Store Managers and Part-time Sales Associates).
- Tutor Doctor (Tutors in all subjects from Kindergarten to Grade 12)
- Davis Chevrolet (Parts Consultants and Product Specialists)
- Goodlife Fitness (Fitness Advisors, Personal Trainers, Management)
- YMCA (Day Camp Staff, Lifeguard, Swim Instructors, Member Services Staff, Camp Counselors)
- Volunteer Airdrie Society
- Directions for Immigrants
- Youth Employment Centre
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
- Alberta Works
- 425 Job seekers.
- “Will definitely come back!” (Kim Whitmee – Aerotek)
- “Thank you for a great event. Great networking/meeting with other employers. Clients we met were extremely engaging, allowed us to promote our services. Looking forward to the next event.” (Violet Rudy – Youth Employment Centre)
- “Job Fair was executed seamlessly. We will be encouraging other businesses to use this as a recruiting outlet. Great job. Thank you for making us aware to participate.”
(Melissa Larson – Parkland Fibreglass)
- “Terrific Organization and management. Kudos to the RV Staff – well done!”
(Blake Clark – Cam Clark Ford)
- “Catering was great and all staff were friendly and supportive. Thanks so much!”
(Vanessa Townsend – YMCA Calgary)
- “We are considering hiring 30 candidates from this job fair.” (Erika McGratten – RCMP)
- “Overall a great experience. Good attendance, and calibre of candidates”.
(Nicky Muir – Kelly Services)
- “Everything was excellent. Thank you to all your staff for the help and organizing such a wonderful event! Looking forward to the next one”.
(Ryan Wade – MDL Landscaping)