Looking for work?
Rocky View Employment Services provides you with all the tools you need to make your job search successful. Our Employment Coordinators and job search resources can help you get the job you want.
Who We Help
Our services are available to anyone living in Airdrie, Cochrane and the surrounding areas.
Rocky View Employment Services will help you with your employment and career goals, including helping you identify the steps to reach your goals. Our support includes:
- Assistance with resumes and cover letters
- Building your interview skills
- Providing you with information on the local job market
- Access to computers and the Internet, as well as Microsoft Word (no charge)
- Access and use of our printers, copier, scanner, fax machine and phones (no charge)
- Career advising and testing
- Government publications on job search and career development (no charge)
No appointments are needed; you are assisted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Our experienced Employment Coordinators can help you in a variety of ways, from basic job search information to an in-depth evaluation of your skills and career opportunities. We can provide:
- Individual employment advising
- Help identifying employment skills and goals
- Coaching and assistance with work-search strategies
- Workshops including:
You can direct your own progress by accessing our:
- Local job postings
- Resources related to work search
- Computers, printers and internet access
- Telephone, fax and photocopier services
- Message service
- Do you live in Airdrie or surrounding areas?
- Are you over 55 years of age?
- Do you need help making a career change?
- Experiencing difficulty in securing employment?
- Could your basic job search skills be improved?
- Would you benefit from basic computer training?
We can help! WorkWise program at Rocky View Employment Services has been designed just for you! Work Wise is a mature worker program facilitated by Airdrie Employment and funded by Service Canada and Alberta Human Services, under the Targeted Initiative for Older Workers.
WorkWise is a skill-building program designed especially for Mature Workers. Over the course of six weeks, our experienced team delivers a range of pre-employment services. This program is facilitated at no cost to residents of the Airdrie and immediate area.
Whether you are looking at an entirely new career, shifting gears to part-time employment, looking for volunteer work, or just need assistance in getting back into the workforce, WorkWise can help you! Some individuals between the ages of 50-54 and over the age of 64 may also be considered for this program.
- Employability Assessments
- Employment and career advising
- Skills identification
- Career Development and job search workshops.
- Basic computer and internet skills training.
- One-on-one assistance with job search activities.
- Wellness/stress management.
- Direct marketing to employers from an Employment Placement Specialist.
For more information, please contact us at: